Economics: Economy and Society of the Middle East
Welcome to the webpage of the Chair of Economics: Economy and Society of the Middle East!
Classes in the summer term 2019:
In the summer term 2019 the chair offers the following courses:
- Social Policy (Lecture) – Prof. Dr. Christine Binzel
- Tutorial Social Policy – u.a. Andreas Link
- Development Economics II (Lecture & Tutorial) – Prof. Dr. Christine Binzel
- International Economics II (Seminar) – Dr. Kateryna Khorkhordina
- Economic History and Development of Europe and the Middle East (Seminar) – Prof. Dr. Christine Binzel
- Economics of Transition: Eastern Europe (Dr. Kateryna Khorkhordina)
What economists really do
A nice article (or rather reply) on what economists really do, written amongst others by Oriana Bandiera and Imran Rasul (UCL): https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/economics-and-finance/dismal-ignorance-of-the-dismal-science-a-response-to-larry-elliot
For further information, please see „Teaching“ on the left-hand side. If you are interested to learn more about our team and our research interests, please visit the team page.