Introductory events of our Institute
We organize introductory events for the different programs. Here, you get important information about your program, curriculum, examinations and much more.
The respective dates are:
- Master Development Economics and International Studies: October 13, 2017, 14.00 to 16.00 h, Kochstraße 4, Hörsaal C; afterwards, starting at 16 h, there will be a “Welcome Event” in room 05.054, Kochstraße 4.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics: Friday, October 13, 12.00noon to 1.00pm, Bismarckstraße 1a, Großer Hörsaal
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematical Economics: t.b.a. (organized by the Department of Mathematics)
- Teaching degrees in Economics: Friday, October 13, 1.00pm to 2.00pm, Bismarckstraße 1a, Großer Hörsaal
Curriculums, class schedules and class registration
You may find your curriculum on this website below “Degree programs”. For bachelor and teaching degree, you generally take the classes “Introduction to Economics” (not for Mathematical Economics) and “Business Administration I” in your first semester. In the master program, your curriculum for the first semester is the compulsory lectures “International Economics I” and “Development Economics I”, one Regional Module, one Elective Module and one “Elective Complementary Module”. For further information, please consult the curriculum.
Dates and rooms for your classes are listed in Univis:
- For the Bachelor programs: Lecture Directory -> Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology -> Ökonomie
- For the teaching degrees and the Master program: Lecture Directory -> Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology -> Wirtschaftswissenschaften
By using “Auswahl zur Sammlung hinzufügen”, you can save your selected classes and later show your class schedule via “Collection/class schedule”.
Normally, you do not need to register for lectures. For most tutorial and seminars, registration is required. You may find the registration period and the link to the registration form (usually MeinCampus) in the Univis entry of the respective class.
Examinations: Dates and registration
You can find all dates of your exams on our webpage below “examinations”. “Examination period 1” refers to the “regular” exams at the end of the lecture period, “examination period 2” to the resits at the start of the next semester.
Registration for the examinations is carried out via MeinCampus from November 21 to December 9, 2016, 12:00 h. You can cancel your registration up to three working days before the respective examination date via MeinCampus, without any justification. A cancellation later on is only possible for important reasons (like illness) and has to be requested directly at the examination office (if you are ill on your examination date, you can cancel your registration ex post). If you don’t participate in the examination without a cancelled registration, your examination will be marked as “failed”. Please note that you cannot participate in any examination of period 2 if you have not registered for the respective examination in period 1 and have neither failed in this examination nor missed it for a justified reason (for example illness, overlapping with another examination, study abroad). You must claim such reasons at the examination office, which then will register this in MeinCampus.
You find the examination office at Halbmondstraße 6, it is open Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 to 12:00 h. For Mathematical Economics, the examination office has a branch at Cauerstraße 11. You can find many information, form sheets and the examination regulations on the webpage of the examination office: https://www.fau.eu/study/current-students/examination-matters/. For the programs B.A. in Economics, teaching degree in Economics and M.A. in Development Economics and International Studies, the information is available below “Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology”, for B.Sc. in Mathematical Economics below “Faculty of Sciences”.
Lecture notes, exercises, etc. are usually provided via StudOn. Often, the corresponding StudOn course is linked directly from the Univis entry of the event (for exercises, there are usually no own courses, the materials are provided with the respective lecture). If there is no direct link, you can search the Studon course on the StudOn section of the Institute of Economics. For several courses, you need a password that is provided in the respective lecture.
Especially for the classes in business administration, the page “Materials” gives additional information, particularly the course description. In the course description, you may find information about the textbooks, the Studon course and the password you need.
Textbooks used in the lectures are normally available at the Institute’s library, and most of them also in the main library.
Classes of our institute are mostly carried out in the following buildings:
- PSG I, Bismarckstraße 1: Audimax, room numbers starting with “A”, “B” or “C” (not “Hörsaal C”)
- PSG II, Kochstraße 4: Hörsaal C, rooms 01 055, 05 054 – the institutes offices and the library are located in this building, too.
- PSG III, Kochstraße 6a: room numbers of the form “00.x PSG”
- “Alte Mathematik”, Bismarckstraße 1a: Großer Hörsaal, Kleiner Hörsaal
- Kollegienhaus, Universitätsstraße 15: room numbers starting with „KH“.
You can locate all building using FAU’s mapping service.
The Institute has its own departmental library. There, you can find textbooks and economic literature. For many books, lending is possible.
You may find additional literature in the main library and the branch library for Economics at Nuremberg. Often, you can order books from Nuremberg to the main library. From the university’s network, you have also online access to several books and journals.
Your FAUCard serves as library card.
We recommend that you take a tutorial for using the library. You can find information here: http://ub.fau.de/schulungen/hauptbibliothek-en.php