Intensive Course “International Cooperation and Development Perspectives”
The Institute of Economics offers an intensive seminar this June for students of the Master program Development Economics and International Studies.
The course about “International Cooperation and Development Perspectives” will be taught by Prof. Dr. William Gnanasekaran from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. These are the dates of the seminar:
- July 9, 9:00am to 6:15pm, Kochstraße 4, room 05.054
- July 10, 9:00am to 6:15pm, Kochstraße 4, room05.054
The topics for the presentations are the following:
- Geography of Development – measuring Growth and Development
- Understanding of Development Perspectives of countries according to their scales of poverty
- Models of Development – How certain models accelerate growth in Economy?
- Mass protest against International financial institutions – World Bank and IMF during the early 2000s
- How post development era – late 1980’s and early 1990’s changed country’s perspectives?
- Challenges faced by Democracy and Development in the context of political and cultural differences.
- Globalization – winners and Loosers – An analysis
- Role of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the process of Globalization
- Development Economics: Balanced and unbalanced growth
- Social and Religious values on Globalising world – They accept or do away with values
- Keynesian Economics and Social Democracy – An Analysis
- State Directed Development – South Korea, Singapore or India
- Explain the concept of cohesive – capitalist state and rapid industrialisation with examples
- A study of Brazil’s early industrialization leading to modern Brazil
- Does Globalisation furthers Prejudices or Development in development countries with country example of your study through Internship
- Industrializing Nations impact on Environment
- Sustainable Development and the emergence of Eco Tourism – with country example
- Development and the Anthropology of Modernity – Fair deal of Harry Truman 1949
- Role of China’s role in the development of Africa Aid or Imperialism
- Influence of euro centric and American Centred Development on Third world countries – An analysis
- Influence of Economics and culture on Human personality development in different societies
- Sustainable development and globalisation – Can they go together. How?
- Market – Friendly Model of Development – A positive model of maintain balance of economic power in the development of Nations – A study
- Water Management – Water as resource for a good quality of life in Africa or Asia
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) was it a successful plan? If not why?
- Where goods were in circulation, weapons would fall silent – Wolfgang Sachs – Analysis
Further information about this seminar is available in the StudOn course (https://www.studon.fau.de/crs1855863_join.html).